Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thing 9

Looking for blogs....

I tried Bloglines search tool and found it easy to use. I typed in "gaming in libraries" and got back lots of information and a good blog to follow called hcplc = Lib2.0. I added it to my feeds on bloglines.

I also looked at the edublogs award winning blogs and school library blogs. I found both interesting, but time consuming and not as fruitful.

Next I looked at Blogdigger and Technorati - I wasn't as successful with either as I was with the simple searching with Bloglines search tool. Blog Pulse looked and sounded neat - but I didn't really see why I'd want to map out the conversations/links at the moment. I think if I saw it in action it might make more sense.

overall comments - yikes - information overload, librarians like to write, write, write and some of these sites are pretty commercial and have lots of junk (ads) on them. I did notice certain blogs did pop up more such as Joyce Valenza's and
The Shifted Librarian - those are worth adding. I don't see me spending hours reading lots of blogs, but I hope to be able to check back to a few to keep up with specific topics.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I have to admit that Technorati, for all the hype, didn't do anything for me either. It seemed more for people who were into blogs way more than I am. I have enough trouble keeping up with the 5 I am trying to stay on top of (though I adore google reader for helping me with that task :-)

So, we have what amounts to the sum of all human knowledge at our fingertips, but can we actually find and use it? That is my info overload ....

Ann