Thursday, June 26, 2008

Week 5/Thing 12

Martina Henke showed us Voice Thread at Hanshew last spring. I believe that a social studies class at Begich did a fabulous project with the book Fever. I used the browse tool but couldn't find it. They each had to say something about the book, but I can't remember much more than that. I am guessing they kept it private or pulled it after the project was complete. It's a fabulous tool and I can't wait to get some family members on board. You could put up a travel photo and gets comments from your family. It would be fun to put up a mystery photo on your library wiki and have kids guess what it is. (Like in some of those science magazines where they have a close up of something...) OR you could put in a paragragh from a book and have kids try and guess what the book it.... I do believe this one could be fun. Plus, the learning curve was quick.

1 comment:

Booklover said...

I was thinking that when teaching internet safety - as a culminating activity the students could do a project using voice thread. I really like the idea of the family photo album and comments. Maybe I'll try that out as just a starter learning project.